Smokin’ Chipotle Lime Jalapeno Wine Chicken July 13, 2017
Smokin’ Chipotle Lime Jalapeno Wine Chicken
This chicken gets it's complexity and depth from the smoky chipotle and the sweet heat from the jalapeno wine, which perfectly compliments the lime and cilantro. I smoked/grilled this on my Traeger, which again, adds a smokey depth and wonderful flavor. I used apple pellets, but cherry would be a great choice as well.
Author: Aimee Stephenson
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 3 chicken breasts
- 3 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. freshly ground Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tsp. fresh coarsely ground pepper
- 5 large cloves garlic (about 2 tbls.), freshly pressed
- ¼ c. minced fresh cilantro
- Juice from 1 medium lime
- 1 oz. Potters Premier Jalapeno & Grape Chipotle Wine
- Place chicken in a gallon zip lock bag. Add all ingredients and shake well. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, start the Traeger on smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 225 and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place chicken breasts on the grill and let it smoke for 1 hour (at 225.)
- After an hour of smoke, crank heat up to 350. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Let it rest 15 to 20 minutes before serving.