Chipotle Cheese Fondue June 25, 2015
This spicy fondue will be a hit. Watch your heat source so cheese does not break. You can substitute chipotle peppers in adobo sauce for the jalapenos.
Author: Chris Carlson
Recipe type: Fondue
Serves: around 4 cups
- 1 cup Chipotle Wine
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 8 oz. (2 cups) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. (2 cups) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2-5 jalapenos - Smoked or Roasted - (diced) depending on heat
- Prepare the fondue pot by slicing a fresh garlic clove in half, then rubbing the sides and base of the pot with the cut side of the garlic.
- Pour wine and cornstarch into a saucepan on the stove. Whisk over medium low heat until the cornstarch fully dissolves into the liquid.
- Begin adding the shredded cheese to the pot gradually, one handful at a time. Whisk the cheese continuously as it melts. Let each handful of cheese melt before adding the next handful.
- Do not raise the heat or let the cheese come to a boil. When all of the cheese is melted, check the texture. If it seems too thick or lumpy, add a little more wine and whisk until the texture is smooth and right for dipping.
- Add the minced smoked or roasted jalapenos to the pot and whisk to blend. Whisk in the smoked paprika until well blended.
- Transfer the melted cheese mixture to your fondue pot.
- Turn the pot on or light the heat source; keep the heat very low so the cheese stays soft, but doesn't boil.